I must have forgot to publish last week’s post about my living room. Oops. Click on this link and it will take you there!
My dining room is one of the only rooms I consider done and still with that said I’d like to find one piece of art to hang by the entrance and someday get a new rug. But for now it’s done.
More of that ugly and dirty maroon carpet. That bookcase you see was something the previous owners must have made and left behind. It’s not the best quality made but they actually used oak stair treads for the shelving and this baby is super heavy. I decided to keep it, paint it, and use it in the playroom (which you will see in a few more house tour posts). That ceiling fixture is one of the few lights they left in the house and I actually love it. We cleaned it up and relocated it to our kitchen.
What we did:
- Ripped out old carpet
- Refinished floors
- Added baseboard trim
- Changed out ceiling fixture
- Added our stuff
Still need to do:
- Change up some art (the sloth stays)
- Maybe change rug down the line
- Paint- Benjamin Moore Sandy Hook Gray
- Rug – Lowes
- Table & Chairs – IKEA (I don’t recommend the cheap chairs if you will be using them daily. We hardly use them but they work for us.)
- Ceiling Fixture – Lowes
- Table Task Lamp- IKEA
- Pillow (on white chair)- IKEA
- Console- Target
- Mirror- Target a few years ago from their global bizarre
- Sloth Print- ETSY (I’m positive we bought this from another site but I can’t remember the name, sorry.)